Bengler is proud to have been awarded Jacob’s prize, the highest recognition from The Foundation for Design and Architecture in Norway. Its history runs back to 1957 and was initially tied to artistic crafts and the Scandinavian design movement. It has since been awarded within a range of design disciplines; interior, landscape, graphic, product as well as architecture.
Bengler is the first recipient to specialise in design for digital media and we are especially pleased to receive this award as we believe craft and material considerations are essential qualities when designing digital services, products and experiences. The lineage of the prize is fitting and we are honoured to be included in this list of esteemed peers.
More from the blog
- Bengler Wins Jacob’s Prize 2016
- Simen made an opera about transhumanism*
- Deep Learning at the Museum
- Status / Arrivals
- Lego vs. Lego
- Spare Time Protein Origami
- GRBL with permissive license (MIT)
- We're building a 3d printer!
- Terrafab, now available in huge and tiny
- Checkpoint: Repcol
- Launch: Mapfest!
- Being in Nothingness
- Planning the brewery