Saturday, 1. June 2013
Quick Daft Punk LED Matrix Display w/ Attiny13 Hack
So what do you do when one of your friends has a six year old who really likes building Daft Punk helmets? I had some Attinys, a maxim 7219 LED driver and a generic old 8x8 LED matrix lying in a closet and spent a couple of evenings stringing them together and writing some code – though with kb of memory you find yourself running your code into stack space before getting much work done. Also, a nice tool called The Dot Factory that outputs windows fonts as C arrays saved me at east an hour.
If you want one you can find the source on Github.
More from the blog
- Bengler Wins Jacob’s Prize 2016
- Simen made an opera about transhumanism*
- Deep Learning at the Museum
- Status / Arrivals
- Lego vs. Lego
- Spare Time Protein Origami
- GRBL with permissive license (MIT)
- We're building a 3d printer!
- Terrafab, now available in huge and tiny
- Checkpoint: Repcol
- Launch: Mapfest!
- Being in Nothingness
- Planning the brewery